Information And Actions Being Taken Related To COVID-19
The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Graduate Students


 #1 Public College in the South ~ 6 Years in a Row! 


  • Graduate and professional students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4.5 credit hours in a semester to be categorized as a half-time student during that semester. For federal financial aid (federal student loans), this definition of half-time status is important in two ways:
    • 1. Students must be registered at least half-time to be eligible for federal student loans;
    • 2. Students must be registered at least half-time to qualify for an in-school deferment on their prior federal student loans.  
  • Graduate students must also be enrolled in a degree-seeking program to be eligible for federal financial aid. Graduate Certificate students are not eligible for federal financial aid. 
  • The 2022-23 FAFSA is now available to be filed at (Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 semesters).
  • You must create a FSA ID, which is your official passport to federal student aid online.


Annual FAFSA Application

Graduate students must be enrolled in degree programs for a minimum of 4.5 credit hours per semester and complete or renew the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - (FAFSA) each year to qualify for federal loan programs. The FAFSA application opens on October 1st each year for the next academic year. For the 2022-2023 academic year (Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023), you need to file the 2022-23 FAFSA online using the Citadel School Code #003423 at


What is an FSA ID? & Why Do I Need One?

First-Time Direct Loan Student Borrowers:

Using your FSA ID, sign in at


Non-Degree Status may receive federal financial aid for a prepartory period.

Graduate Assistantships are available in many college departments. The Citadel Human Resources Department recruits graduate assistants and matches candidates with positions. Please file your application with the Human Resources Department.

The South Carolina Teacher Loan may be a good option for you if you are a student completing your initial teaching certification or a professional changing careers in order to teach.

Find helpful resources under Links and by contacting community groups in your area.

 Types of Financial Aid

  General Information

If you cannot find what you need online, please contact the financial aid office with your questions.

Back to Top