Things to Remember in Deas Hall
There is no fee for currently enrolled students. Deas Hall does not employ a fourth class system. All currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff may use fitness and recreational areas.
Reminders of Risk:
Because activities in Deas Hall may involve heavy respiration and communal use of high-touch equipment in an indoor environment, there is increased risk of exposure to COVID-19. Students are strongly urged to exercise outdoors when possible.
Students, faculty and staff are expected to have a Citadel ID when using Deas Hall. Be prepared to show it to a staff member when entering the building.
Cadets are required to check and record their temperature twice daily. All other students, faculty and staff will stop and wait at the entrance for a staff member to check temperature. Any temperature 100.4℉ or greater is considered a fever and will prohibit entry.
Dependents (e.g., children) of students are not permitted to use Deas Hall.
Guests are not permitted in Deas Hall for purposes of using the exercise or recreational equipment.
Sports & Fitness Equipment:
Deas Hall has a variety of equipment available for check-out. You must present your Citadel ID card to the Equipment Room; your card will be returned when equipment is returned. There is no exception to this rule.
Bring your own:
- Spare facemask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Water bottle
- Shower towel
- Sweat towel
- Swim goggles
- Weight belt and/or lift straps
Before and after use, wipe down equipment in the cardio and weight rooms, and mat room. Pick up trash in locker rooms and workout areas and use recycling bins for bottles and cans.
- Facemasks are required, in all areas and at all times except when engaged in moderate or vigorous exercise.
- Maintain at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash hands before, during and after using equipment and spaces in Deas Hall.
Respect others when using Deas Hall and remember that classroom areas are quiet zones. Return dumbbells and weight plates to their racks after use. Ask others to do the same.
Profanity is offensive and unprofessional. Recognize that its use is counter to becoming a principled leader.
Deas Hall does not employ a fourth class system.
Locker Rooms and Lockers:
Deas Hall has locker rooms for male and female students, and faculty and staff. There is no fee to use a locker; however, lockers must be registered in the First Floor Equipment Room and you must provide your own lock. You may keep your locker from August through April; there is an annual locker clean out in May.
- Take advantage of free lockers.
- Use lockers to secure personal items.
- Use facilities as a place to change clothes and shower after working out.
- Store food or drinks in lockers.
- Store alcohol, drugs, weapons, or any other contraband in lockers.
- Go in the locker room of the opposite sex, for any reason.
- Leave items outside lockers or on the floor: they will be donated to Goodwill.
- Bring in items that will not fit into a locker.
- Sleep in the locker rooms, they are for changing and showering only.
Deas Hall is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Deas Hall does not have a towel service.