Our center offers The Citadel community a source for introducing best practices in teaching and learning, instructional design, educational technology, the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning(SoLT), professional development opportunities, and other resources. We provide a number of programs and services designed to facilitate and improve face-to-face and online teaching practices.
To promote excellence in teaching to enhance student learning.
Goals and Outcomes
The Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Distance Education collaborates with various institutional units, faculty, staff and programming to achieve the following goals and outcomes:
Goal 1: Promote Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Provide comprehensive, evidence-based programming that highlights best practices in teaching and learning.
- Provide leadership for innovation and implementation of evidence-based approaches to F2F, hybrid, and online teaching.
- Promote faculty and staff development in quality online teaching and learning.
- Support a comprehensive faculty mentoring program
Goal 2: Enhance Faculty and Student Experience and Engagement
- Support the professional growth of faculty and staff across their career span and across disciplines.
- Develop leadership capacity in teaching, curriculum design, development, assessment, and innovation across all levels of the college.
- Promote faculty and staff engagement in best practices of teaching and learning.
- Promote faculty and staff innovation in the use of technology.
Goal 3: Cultivate Climate of Innovation for Teaching and Learning
- Foster a shared, cross-curricular knowledge-base of best practices in teaching and learning to encourage innovation and excellence.
- Engage in the scholarship of teaching and learning to foster innovation and excellence.
- Support faculty and staff innovation in teaching and learning.
- Advocate research-based approaches for innovation in teaching and learning.
Goal 4: Advance Citadel Online
- Deliver a high quality online learning environment that is effective and responsive to the diverse needs of the Citadel community.
- Support continuous quality improvement of online programming.
- Support leadership formation as a critical component of all online course development.
- Support the development of student success and engagement through the development of virtual community.
Goal 5: Extend Scale of Offerings and Resources
- Maintain a funding module that promotes quality teaching and learning, including support for resources.
- Leverage the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Distance Education to enhance the Citadel’s community, network, and partners.
- Partner with other centers and departments on and off campus to foster best practices and collaboration.
- Serve as a campus hub for teaching and learning resources and training.